Our Chair of Governors is Mr Andrew Hagyard.
Our Vice Chair of Governors is Mrs Alison Nunn who is also our nominated Safeguarding Governor.
If you would like to contact our Chair of Governors, please email the office via: email@example.com and mark the email for the attention of Mr A Hagyard.
You can meet our Governors HERE.
About the Governing Body
Governors play a key role in improving the educational opportunities offered to pupils by working with the headteacher and staff to shape the ethos of the school, raise standards and support the teaching and learning in school.
The Governing Body helps the school provide the best possible education for the children by:
- Working strategically to help raise standards,
- Monitoring and evaluating progress towards the school's priorities and targets,
- Supporting the Headteacher, School Management Team and staff as well as challenging their expectations,
- Accounting to all Stakeholders for the school's overall performance and for the decisions they have made.
The key strategic functions of the Governing Body are:
- Setting aims and objectives for the school,
- Adopting policies for achieving those aims and objectives,
- Setting targets for achieving those aims and objectives,
- Monitoring and evaluation of the progress the school is making towards the achievement of its aims and objectives,
- To challenge and support the headteacher in the role of critical friend.
The Governing Body supports the school by:
- Agreeing the school improvement strategy which includes approving the budget and agreeing the staffing structure,
- Challenging and supporting the school by monitoring, reviewing and evaluating the implementation and effectiveness of the policy framework and looking at progress towards targets,
- Regular visits to school to see the children at work and talk to staff; attendance at school functions, concerts, Church services etc.
BDAT Governors Information
Click to link to the relevant details (Some links currently being updated)