Our Vision and Aims
‘We deliver excellence for a brighter future.’
This is safe, happy school where we foster confidence and delight in all we do. We strive for excellence by nurturing academic habits and skills, emotional intelligence and creativity across the whole range of school subjects. We open up horizons of hope and aspiration and guide our pupils in fulfilling them. We teach our pupils to cope wisely and to be compassionate when things go wrong. Our pupils are taught to respect and value each other so that they learn the ultimate worth of each individual and their contribution to society. Ours is a school where relationships flourish, pupils are involved and contribute responsibly to our community. We equip our pupils with knowledge, skills and understanding to ensure their future is bright.
We provide a safe, welcoming, happy and healthy school.
We foster an understanding of the value of learning for life by developing lively, enquiring minds and the ability to experiment, investigate, take risks, challenge, reflect and make informed choices in order for everyone to reach their full potential.
We foster an inclusive school community that encourages mutual respect and understanding of people of all abilities, physical needs, gender, backgrounds and religious belief.
We provide an exciting creative curriculum that engages and inspires children with their learning and includes working closely with parents, carers the local and extended communities to enhance and enrich educational opportunities, broaden horizons and widen experiences.
We promote positive attitudes, behaviour and relationships.
See the links at the side of this page to see our curriculum statement for each subject.
We follow the National Curriculum in order to achieve our school vision and aims. We believe that our curriculum should be broad, balanced and relevant and meet the needs of all children whatever their ability. We ensure the children have a range of learning experiences that challenge, stimulate and promote thinking and learning.
Through the provision of rich and varied activities, we:
- encourage the best possible progress and the highest attainment for all pupils;
- enable pupils to communicate effectively;
- enable pupils to make connections across different areas of learning;
- help pupils to think creatively and solve problems;
- develop pupils’ capacity to learn and work independently and collaboratively;
- enable pupils to respond positively to opportunities, challenge and responsibility;
- enable pupils to acquire and develop a broad range of knowledge, skills and interests;
- encourage pupils to value others, their views, cultures and beliefs;
- encourage pupils to make a positive contribution to the school, local and wider community;
- teach pupils to be reflective learners who have a sense of responsibility for their own learning and development.
Should you require further information regarding the National Curriculum and the EYFS Framework please go to:
If you would like to find out further information about the curriculum in a particular class, please visit our class pages HERE or contact your child's teacher by emailing the school office.