At Cullingworth Village Primary School we provide high-quality geography education which aims to inspire a curiosity about the world and its people. The teaching of Geography equips pupils with knowledge about diverse places, people, resources and natural and human environments; along with a deep understanding of the Earth’s physical and human processes. Geography is taught through a creative curriculum approach meaning it is always interesting, stimulating and relevant.
The geography curriculum aims to ensure that all pupils:
* Develop knowledge of globally significant places
* Understand the processes that give rise to key physical and human geographical features of the world
* Interpret a range of geographical sources of information including maps, diagrams, globes and aerial photographs
* Have the skills needed to collect, analyse and explain data gathered through fieldwork
* Communicate geographical information in a variety of ways including through maps, tables, graphs and written work.
The geography education also aims to equip children with knowledge and understanding of the world and therefore encourage them to promote and develop a more sustainable and ecological future.