School Linking Network (SLN)
Year Three are involved in the School Linking Network. The Schools Linking Network (SLN) is a national charity that supports young people, schools and local authorities to explore identity, diversity, equality and community, using four key questions: Who am I? Who are we? Where do we live? and How do we all live together?
Cullingworth Village Primary’s linking school is Atlas Community Primary in Manningham, West Bradford. The children exchange letters, cards and emails with children in Year Three at Atlas to get to know new people of a similar age with different backgrounds and cultures. We have planned a neutral visit to meet and get to know the children at Nell Bank on Friday 4th December 2015. Following this the class from Atlas will come and visit us at Cullingworth Primary for a day and we will visit them at their School in Manningham.
Aims of Linking Schools Network;
- To develop and deepen children and young people’s knowledge and understanding of identity/ies, diversity, equality and community.
- To develop skills of enquiry, critical thinking, reflection and communication to develop trust, empathy, awareness and respect.
- To provide opportunities for children and young people to meet, build new relationships, work together and contribute to the wider community.
- To provide opportunities for adults, who work with children and young people to share good practice, increase understanding of issues of identity and community in their districts and to broaden perspectives. The programme helps:
Why School Linking?
- Foster understanding of identity, diversity, community and equality.
- Supports spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) development of pupils.
- Promotes achievement.
- Develops social skills.
- Promotes British values.
For more information visit the School Linking Network Website at http://www.schoolslinking.org.uk/